Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week 2 Done!

Well week two is coming to a close.  This week I spent a good majority of it in the office.  My boss wanted me to really work on the marketing side of my job so everyday I have been making 10-15 phone calls to the United States.  My main job duty is contacting old and new customers in hopes of them partnering with my company.  Being an American with fluent English I call companies and give them my sales pitch!

Overall, calling many different U.S. companies has stretched me and has given me more confidence.  Even though you can't see the person the conversation or the "sales pitch" feels just as hard.  I came close to finishing a deal and this week I will find out if the deal was done this coming week.  I am getting really good at sending email and I guess in hindsight, I never expected to be doing what I am doing; however, this experience so far has been productive.  I feel it will help me in my future endeveour.

In my free time (1/2 of Saturday and Sunday) I was able to see a little more of Kolkata including "Park Street," which is a famous street for restaurants, bars and clubs.  I went to a modern club with my Indian roommate known as Roxy, Saturday night and it had the "Big City" feeling to it.  Tomorrow starts another day of work. Work.. Work. :)

Cheers,

Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment